Please note that most properties in the neighbouring areas of the Fort Garry Campus are zoned as single-family dwellings. As such, there are City of Winnipeg Zoning by-laws that restrict the number of boarders in a home and the use of properties as rooming houses.

For more information please see the following documents which have been put together by the City of Winnipeg

Additional information and brochures regarding Planning, Property & Development can be found on the City of Winnipeg’s website at


QUESTIONS:  If you have specific questions about your property or these by-laws please contact the City of Winnipeg’s Customer Service Centre by calling 311 or emailing